Technical Advisor – Peace and Conflict
Posting Date: April 22, 2020
Application Deadline: April 29, 2020
Position Type: Full-time, local -hire
Location: Bamako, Mali
Salary: Commensurate with experience
World Education, Inc. seeks candidates for a Technical Advisor for Peace and Conflict position based in Bamako, Mali an anticipated, multi-year program from the United States Department of State’s Secretary’s Office of Global Women’s Issues. The Women, Peace, and Security: Supporting Women’s Networks to Prevent, Resolve, and Mitigate Conflict program aims to promote inclusive decision-making that responds to the comprehensive needs and perspectives of conflict-affected women and girls in Mali. The program will accomplish this goal through actively engaging and supporting established women’s civil society networks. Technical Advisor reports to the Deputy Chief of Party and is responsible for overseeing implementation, monitoring, and reporting of high quality programming.
Established in 1951, World Education, Inc. is a US-based non-profit organization aimed at improving the lives of marginalized people through education (formal and non-formal) and training, institutional development, and targeted technical assistance. Please visit our website at www.worlded.org for more information.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work in tandem with the DCOP and technical team to provide quality control for the program’s technical outputs;
- Provide technical leadership and capacity building to program staff, beneficiaries and stakeholders
- Contribute to the timely submission of all required deliverables and reports;
- Manage in the dissemination of program outcomes and success stories
- Contribute to Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities
- Other roles and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Master’s Degree or higher in peace and conflict, conflict resolution, community development, or other relevant discipline. Significant additional work experience in lieu of a master’s degree will be considered;
- At least 5 years of professional experience with projects related to relevant activity themes (gender and civil society). Direct experience providing technical leadership for programs in Mali and/or areas affected by conflict and extremism.
- Understanding of conflict, extremism and gender issues in Mali
- Demonstrated ability to organize technical work teams, collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders;
- 3 years prior experience with US Government funded programs, and strong knowledge of USAID reporting requirements
- prior supervisory responsibilities required
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing to make formal and informal presentations and to compose professional and analytic reports and program documents.
- Ability to work independently
- Fluency in French and a working proficiency in English required; working knowledge of a Malian Language preferred.
To apply submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to worlded.org
WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D