Logistics and Security Assistant
USAID Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Project
Awarded in July 2015, the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Platform Project provides technical support and
training to USAID/Mali staff and implementing partners to meet the Mission’s management information needs, facilitate
program management decisions, and shape long-term strategic direction and decision making. One of the primary
objectives of the project is building the capacity of Mission staff and selected implementing partners to conduct high-
quality performance monitoring and verification. The platform will be implementing Third Party Monitoring especially in
the North of Mali.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Malian citizens are eligible to apply**
The logistics and security assistant based in Bamako, Mali, will support the finance and administration team. She/he
will provide support in duties related to daily office administration and logistics as well as security, supporting the
operations and finance manager in daily activities essential to ensuring that the project runs smoothly. This position is
anticipated to run until the end of the project in June 2020.
• Support the management of staff travel requests and keep track of pending and ongoing travel in coordination
with the travel agency.
• Support organization of event logistics and planning, as well as maintain a file of any related approval
• Perform follow up calls to provide confirmation of receipt of official correspondence, reservations, and other
• Maintain an up-to-date list of vendors.
• Coordination & Networking:
• Build and maintain strong professional networks that can help MSI easily access areas in which M&E
activities take place.
• Ensure regular updating and sharing of safety information with staff and monitoring two-way
communication on safety issues.
• Communication & Monitoring:
• Search various sources for safety related information to be disseminated and shared with staff through
• Submit security incident reports through regular reporting to the Global Security & Operations Officers and
send security alerts to staff through SMS as needed.
• Monitor the security environment in operational areas and update risk assessments.
• Support the development of a safety culture by strengthening procedures and disclosing best practices.
• Organize and archive information, as needed, related to project functions and administration.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the COP.
• University degree in a relevant subject.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in logistics and administrative and/or financial management.
• Strong self-initiative: ability to implement and manage program activities tasks proactively, without waiting for
• Open communication style and ability to communicate and foster collaboration with colleagues, partners and
• Demonstrated capability for time management, organization and prioritization.