Operations and Finance Assistant
USAID Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Project
Awarded in July 2015, the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Platform Project provides technical
support and training to USAID/Mali staff and implementing partners to meet the Mission’s management
information needs, facilitate program management decisions, and shape long-term strategic direction and
decision making. One of the primary objectives of the project is building the capacity of Mission staff and
selected implementing partners to conduct high-quality performance monitoring and verification. The
platform will be implementing Third Party Monitoring especially in the North of Mali.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Malian citizens are eligible to apply**
Management Systems International (MSI), a U.S. based international development firm is recruiting for a
Project Assistant to be based in Bamako, Mali. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing
administrative and operational support to the project and assistance with overall administration of daily
• Provide administrative support and assist with overall administration
• Obtain quotes from vendors as required and maintain good relationships
• Ensure compliance with existing administrative/office procedures
• Ensure accurate inventory of all project equipment, showing location, user, owner, and condition
• Assist in planning workshops including preparing and maintaining checklists
• Work closely with program staff to ensure that all logistics needs are met
• Manage and execute tasks, maintain electronic files, respond to requests for information, and prepare
presentations and/or correspondence as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party or his/her designee.
• Minimum three to five years’ experience
• A Technical or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent organization skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interface with a high degree of professionalism, adaptability and organization
• Be a highly motivated team member and self-starter
• Be able to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and accuracy and willingness to learn is a must
• Prior experience arranging travel and logistics in Mali
• Fluency in French required and English preferred.
Please submit your resume (CV) and a cover letter in English or French to firstname.lastname@example.org by
May 24, 2019. Please include “Operations and Finance Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.