Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist,
Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Platform (PMEP)
Awarded in July 2015, the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Platform Project provides technical
support and training to USAID/Mali staff and implementing partners to meet the Mission’s management
information needs, facilitate program management decisions and shape long-term strategic direction
decisions. One of the primary objectives of the project is building the capacity of Mission staff and select
implementing partners to perform high-quality performance monitoring and verification.
**Please note, only citizens of Mali are eligible to apply**
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is part of a team of four staff, reporting directly to the Senior M&E
Advisor and the Chief-of-Party. The M&E Specialist will provide technical leadership inside and outside the
project with a focus on one of USAID’s technical portfolios. This is a full-time position based in Bamako,
Mali with some travel to other regions as needed. The position is open immediately.
The responsibilities described below will be fulfilled with a primary focus on one of the USAID technical
teams (Education, Health, Accelerated Economic Growth (AEG), and Peace, Democracy and Governance
(PDG)) and their implementing partners, although the Specialist may be called upon to support other
sectors as well:
• Provide technical assistance and training to USAID/Mali staff to design, improve and/or manage
against the Mission’s and project-level performance management plans, particularly but not
exclusively for activities under one of USAID’s technical team.
• Provide technical assistance and training to selected USAID/Mali implementing partners to design
and/or improve their projects’ logical frameworks, monitoring and evaluation plans, and collection,
management, analysis and reporting of performance data.
• Support the development, selection and refinement of USAID/Mali indicators and operationalization of
them through the creation of data collection instruments.
• Assist USAID/Mali to carry out other assignments related to the regular collection and analysis of
• Participate in activities to ensure performance monitoring data and information contributes to
USAID/Mali’s learning and adaptive processes.
• Design data collection efforts, draft assignment plans, assign staff roles and responsibilities, and help
identify consultants, survey firms, think tanks and other institutions as required to complete the
• Manage the data collection efforts of Platform staff and subcontractors, including ensuring the
adequacy of data collection instruments, the feasibility of data collection plans, the timely collection of
data (including surveys), and the quality of data collected, analyzed and reported to USAID/Mali