INTERNATIONAL RELIEF & DEVELOPMENT-BLUMONT
Job Title: Senior Accountant /WaatiYelemaLabenw Project
Work station:Bamako, Maliand up to 15% travel time to project sites
Duration: 6 months
Supervisor:Director of Finance and Administration
WaatiYelemaLabenw WYL will directly increase the resiliency of 31,050 vulnerable people across 30 new target villages. Among these, over 4,000 women, men, and youth will be supported to create or strengthen 90 market-based, climate-adapted, sustainable micro enterprises and savings groups. It will enhance revenues, assets, increase savings and access to financing—thereby increasing adaptive and absorptive capacity. During the 18 month period. At least 10 communes will integrate adaptation in local development plans, benefitting 1650,000 men, women, and children. Thirty communities will receive intense support to identify opportunities to adapt to climate shocks and stresses, including watershed and pasture protection, reforestation, flood control and water table-recharging dikes.
WYL builds on and amplifies the direct impact of RIC4REC’s support to 280 communities from 2015-2017, while focusing on new villages and direct beneficiaries. Market-based enterprise groups will develop long-term equitable commercial relationships with private sector services by leveraging enterprise membership and resource base.Members and communities will benefit from new sustainable income streams. Commune councils and locally based governmental and non-governmental development technicians will gain skills to facilitate the Community Managed Resiliency to Climate Change (CMRCC) process, and over time, spread to all villages in
The Senior Accountantassures compliant operations of project financial management. He/she
overseas day to day accounting operationsincluding preparation of financial reports working under the supervision of the project Director of Finance and Administration and the IRD-Blumont- HQ Finance department.
- Ensure compliantapplication of IRD-Blumont policy and financial procedures in project management
- Ensure application and compliance with the terms and agreements of IRD-Blumontdonor(s)
- Ensure application and compliance of Government of Mali laws and regulations government contract payments, financial transactions and expenditures
- Assist the DFA in the financial planning and budget preparation ofIRD-Blumont-Mali, especially with regard to the quarterly and annual financial projections which are prepared in collaboration with concerned departments (Administration; Programming) and contractual partners
- Ensure the monitoring and verification of financial procedures in order to ensure the transparency and reliability of financial documents
- Supervise the work of the finance accountant (s)
- Ensure the reviewand proper daily recording of all financial transactions in IRD-Blumont’s accounting software (Cost Point) to guarantee their accuracy and compliance prior to their submission for approval by the DFA, and Country Director. These should include, but not limited to, procurement documents, payments, transfers, and advances,
- Assist in preparation of the financial reports. The deadline for the financial report submission is set for the 5th of each month unless otherwise specified by IRD-BlumontHQ
- Assist in preparation of the monthly fund request, due at IRD-Blumont-HQ no later than the 24th of each month unless otherwise specified by HQ or the Country Director. The fund request is prepared in a close collaboration with everyone concerned in the program (Administration; Programming, contractual partners)
- Ensure the liquidation of advances and approved expenses incurred by the partners and staff at IRD-Blumont -Mali
- In charge of the capacity building, monitoring, and advice/support needed by partner and IRD-Blumont staff for compliant financial management
- Assist in the preparation and facilitation of all audits and in the application audit recommendations in a timely manner
- Participate in relevant meetings organized by IRD-Blumont, the partners, or the donors (s)
- Alert the Director of Finance and Administrationas to any major outstanding balances due to IRD-Blumont by either staff at IRD-Blumont -Mali or the partners.
- Inform the Director of Finance and Administrationof potentially fraudulent acts or issues likely to affect the efficient management of the program
- Be willing to travel periodically to the project field site for monitoring and gathering of information pertaining to the funds disbursed by the project
- Attend to any other tasks as deemed appropriate by the Director of Finance and Administration or Country Director
- For any other issues/matters you are not familiar or comfortable with, be willing to always refer to your supervisor as needed for support, guidance, and insights
Security Focal Point:
- Oversee effective systems and procedures for the safety of IRD-Blumont staff and stakeholders directly involved in project activities, project equipment, offices and other assets
- Monitor and forward INSO alerts to all concerned staff
- Oversee project SMS emergency information tree
- Conduct specific analysis of risk for travel to areas of risk concern
- Assure that the logistics assistant systematically fulfils his responsibilities and tasks as concerns vehicle and office security
- Attend FONGIM and INSO security coordination and information meetings as appropriate
- Prepare one page monthly summary of security risks in project zone
Education, experience, skills/competencies:
- Strong ability to work in both English and French
- University degree -level or specialized technical degree in Finance or Accounting required
- At least 3- 5 years of experience in a similar role; including prior experience working with an international organization
- Understanding and practical knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure and shifting priorities.
- Good interpersonal relations with proven communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
How to apply:
All applications (CV, cover letter) must be sent via email at:firstname.lastname@example.org December 11th 2018 indicating the exact title of the position “SENIOR ACCOUNTANT”
Females candidates are encouraged. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected will be contacted and applications are not returned.
Ce message est des à présent archivé dans votre espace membre.