Plan is an international humanitarian, Child Centered Community Development Organization without religious, political or governmental affiliation. Child Sponsorship is the basic foundation of the organization. Plan is working in
Report to: Country Director
Location: Country Office in
To develop capabilities in program design, implementation and evaluation among Plan staff and program
Participants, and to support the achievement of country program goals those are aligned with Plan’s Domains and Principles.
- Facilitate the design of program related sections of the Country Strategic Plan.
- Document and disseminate Plan best practices from withim Plan and from other organisation to promote quality and learning.
- Support program unit staff in program design an implementation, ensuring technical support is provided.
- Facilitate the establishment and implementation of standards of accountability, effectiveness and efficiency in the achievement of Plan’s Domains and Principles.
- Manage and support in country operations networks for learning and improvement.
- Manage and develop program support unit staff.
- Participate on the country management team.
Education or equivalent: University degree at least Master Degree
- Program/Project management, Building and managing teams
- Networking, Facilitation/Coaching & Negotiation
- Problem solving & Leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication (English & French)
Demonstrated record of excellence in program support
Ten (10) years as a development professional in planning, monitoring, evaluating programs and managing technical support. Five (05) years experience in a related management position
Developing and writing grant proposals, Experiences of (USAID, EU) funded program requirements.
Dnowledge of Child Protection policies and issues
Knowledge of Mali Decentralization policy
Speaks, reads and writes French and English Fluently
Travel Requirements: up to 33%
- A working experience of three years at least in Development Organization is required
- Female application is highly appreciated.
- The position is for an EXAWAS citizen and will be hired under Malian legal conditions.
Applications must include:
(1) A formal cover letter and an updated CV, (2) Details of 2 Referees. Note/ It will be requested from the short listed candidates to provide copies of available and supporting documentations. Plans applicants add their last year performance appraisal.
The closing date is
Applications should be addressd to the Country Director, Plan Mali-BP: 1598, rue 122 Badalabougou-Est-Bamako (face au fleuve) Tel.: 222 40 40/ 223 05 83/ 222 69 79 Email: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOURCE: L’Essor N°16115 du mercredi 16 janvier 2008.